Search for answers or browse about Sintel Forms.
Install Sintel Forms for Microsoft 365
Sintel Forms is available as an Add-in for Microsoft 365 and in order to use it you must add it onto your Microsoft 365 tenant.
Installing our Add-in is very easy and generally involves just two simple steps.
#1 Add the Add-in from AppSource to a SharePoint site.
#2 Activate the 14-day trial
You should have site collection admin privileges to add the app.
Step 1 – Add the Add-in to a site
- On the site where you want to add an app, go to Settings > Add an app.
- In the navigation menu on the left select SharePoint Store.
- In the Find an app search box, paste ‘Sintel Forms Studio’ and then click Search.
- Select the “Sintel Forms” app in the listing.
- In the apps, details view click the button Add It.
- Follow the steps to log in with your Microsoft account to get the Add-in.
- Click Trust It when asked to complete the deployment.
Step 2 – Activate the Add-in
- Once you have added Sintel Forms to your tenant you need to activate it before it can be used.
- To do so you simply need to click on the Sintel Forms Add-in tile within your site contents to open the app homepage and then click Start 14-day trial.
- You will be prompted for some details and once you have entered them your 14-day trial will be activated immediately.
- After the trial is over you can proceed to use the free version or purchase a license and to do so you simply need to open the app homepage again and click on the “Use free version OR purchase a license” option.
Step 3 – Authorise the Add-in
As mentioned previously this step only applies to tenants created after August 2020.
- In some cases after you click on the Sintel Forms Add-in tile within your site contents to open the app homepage you will receive the following dialog
- You simply click Proceed which will open a new browser tab and request you to (A) Sign in and (B) Authorise the app.
- Once you click Accept you will be redirected to a screen that will attempt to verify that the updated permissions have taken effect. You can either wait for the permissions to be verified or you can close this tab.
Whether you choose to close the tab or leave it open it is important to note that it could take up to 60 minutes for the permissions to be applied (this process is entirely dependant on Microsoft 365).
- If you leave the tab open, once the updated permissions have taken effect you will see a green icon and message confirming this.
- You can then close the tab and return to the tab containing the Add-in homepage and refresh the page by clicking the link at the top of the screen or hitting F5 or pressing the refresh button in your browser.
- Once the page is refreshed the information message at the top should disappear and the Add-in should now be ready for use.After you have accepted the permissions update it could take up to 60 minutes for the permissions to be applied (this process is entirely dependant on Microsoft 365). If you have previously accepted the permissions previously please wait for up to 60 minutes for them to take effect.
More info in the following Microsoft article Add an app to a site.