How Can We Help?
Search for answers or browse about Sintel Forms.
About Sintel Forms
- About Layout
- Adding and Editing Linked List items using Inline, Dialog & Sintel Forms Embedded
- Adding Fields
- Creating Calculated Fields & using formulas
- Default values & custom values
- Field and Section Validation
- Linked Libraries-Using a Document/Picture Library
- Linked Lists-How to add attachments
- Sections - Tab order
- Setting field properties within a Linked List
- Using a Linked List
How To Guides
- Add a button that opens the attachment panel
- Automatically add linked items or files
- Change the layout of Choice Fields
- Configure a cascading drop-down
- Configure Printing Options
- Create a custom form header
- Debugging your forms
- Embedded Action Buttons
- Export a form template
- How to complete a form action with Power Automate
- Import a form template
- Lookup Columns: Control the sort order
- Lookup Columns: Retrieve additional columns from Lookup List
- Make Attachments Mandatory
- Set & clear field values using rules
- Share a Form
- Track the usage of Sintel Forms
- Transferring your license to another tenant
- Use Sintel Embedded Mode on a linked list
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
- Everything is fine but we had a small problem getting your license
- "401 Unauthorized" error during form data save
- "500 internal server error" on form opening
- Activating Sintel Forms on newly created tenants
- Ad blockers and Privacy Extensions
- Attachments option missing in Sintel Forms
- Changing the Content Approval settings of a list can cause an issue with Sintel Forms
- Enabling third-party cookies
- Handling the list view threshold for the Workflow and Conversations features
- No actions appearing in the actions menu
- Sintel Forms doesn't appear to be applied to a list
- Sintel Forms not available in the ribbon menu
- Sintel Forms Save Process
- Site naming and Sintel Forms
- The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized when importing a form template
- Workflow emails containing incorrect links to forms
- Workflow emails not being received by distribution lists or mail-enabled security groups
- Workflow emails not being received by SharePoint group members
- Data load error: Connection to SharePoint has been lost. Please reload the page.
- Data save error: Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource
- Email address of a Shared Mailbox not recognised by Sintel Forms
- Add a Customized behavior for Sintel Forms instead of enabling third-party cookies
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
Sintel General Info
After save script
You are here:
0.5 out of 5 stars
Enable after save script – enables executing a custom js script right after an item has been saved.
It is possible to execute a custom script right after a form item has been saved. This allows you to set custom values of form fields with the possibility to use all the server-defined values as well (e.g. the ID field, which is not available before a new item gets saved into SharePoint).
The example below will show you how to prepare a custom script which will update the “TextField” field of an item with a value that will combine two other field values: “ID” and “Date”.let date = getDateTime("Date", "ddMMyy") let id = getValue("ID"); setValue("TextField", id + "_" + date);
When the ‘Date’ field will be empty the error will occur, however, the form will be saved (only the ‘TextField’ value won’t be changed).
List of available API functions to use in after save script:
Returns the value of a field.
Returns the value of a date/datetime field in the provided format. For a list of possible formats, see here.
Sets the value of a field.
Was this article helpful?
0.5 out of 5 stars
Table of Contents