How Can We Help?
Search for answers or browse about Sintel Forms.
About Sintel Forms
- About Layout
- Adding and Editing Linked List items using Inline, Dialog & Sintel Forms Embedded
- Adding Fields
- Creating Calculated Fields & using formulas
- Default values & custom values
- Field and Section Validation
- Linked Libraries-Using a Document/Picture Library
- Linked Lists-How to add attachments
- Sections - Tab order
- Setting field properties within a Linked List
- Using a Linked List
How To Guides
- Add a button that opens the attachment panel
- Automatically add linked items or files
- Change the layout of Choice Fields
- Configure a cascading drop-down
- Configure Printing Options
- Create a custom form header
- Debugging your forms
- Embedded Action Buttons
- Export a form template
- How to complete a form action with Power Automate
- Import a form template
- Lookup Columns: Control the sort order
- Lookup Columns: Retrieve additional columns from Lookup List
- Make Attachments Mandatory
- Set & clear field values using rules
- Share a Form
- Track the usage of Sintel Forms
- Transferring your license to another tenant
- Use Sintel Embedded Mode on a linked list
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
- Everything is fine but we had a small problem getting your license
- "401 Unauthorized" error during form data save
- "500 internal server error" on form opening
- Activating Sintel Forms on newly created tenants
- Ad blockers and Privacy Extensions
- Attachments option missing in Sintel Forms
- Changing the Content Approval settings of a list can cause an issue with Sintel Forms
- Enabling third-party cookies
- Handling the list view threshold for the Workflow and Conversations features
- No actions appearing in the actions menu
- Sintel Forms doesn't appear to be applied to a list
- Sintel Forms not available in the ribbon menu
- Sintel Forms Save Process
- Site naming and Sintel Forms
- The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized when importing a form template
- Workflow emails containing incorrect links to forms
- Workflow emails not being received by distribution lists or mail-enabled security groups
- Workflow emails not being received by SharePoint group members
- Data load error: Connection to SharePoint has been lost. Please reload the page.
- Data save error: Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource
- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
Sintel General Info
Adding and Editing Linked List items using Inline, Dialog & Sintel Forms Embedded
You are here:
0 out of 5 stars
In the February 2020 release, we introduced an update to our editing modes to use Sintel Forms within Sintel Forms. This extended our existing “Editing mode” feature from 2 options to 3 meaning that customers can choose from the two existing modes i.e. Inline and Dialog and in addition they can now choose a new option called Sintel Embedded.
Mode 1 – Inline
This is the most commonly used mode allowing users to add data directly into the form. It works well in cases where there are not too many fields of data to enter.
Mode 2 – Dialog
If your linked list has many columns then this mode is a good option as it enables you to choose which fields of data to show on the main form and then when an item is edited a dialog appears showing all the fields.
When using “Dialog” mode the column visibility setting in the Designer does not apply to the open in dialog setting, which means that all the fields will be visible on the dialog including system fields (in read-only mode) as shown above.
Mode 3 – Sintel Embedded
This is similar to the Dialog mode however you have full control over the layout & styling of the linked list item to ensure your forms are completely on brand. You also benefit from being able to utilise some of the features of Sintel Forms such as “Export to PDF” and “Attachments” with image previews.
When using linked lists or libraries standard SharePoint permissions apply i.e. you must ensure your users have contribute permissions on any linked list or library to ensure they can add items into those linked lists from the main form.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 5 stars
Table of Contents