Search for answers or browse about Sintel Forms.
Install Sintel Forms for SharePoint On-Prem
Sintel Forms On-Prem runs on SharePoint Server 2013, 2016 & 2019. However, as extended support for Sharepoint 2013 ended on April 11 2023, we recommend using SharePoint Server 2016 or 2019.
Installing Sintel Forms On-Prem involves adding two SharePoint Solution files as follows:
This is the main solution file containing the Sintel Forms product download the latest version here
- Sintel.Forms.OnPremise.License.wsp (optional)
This is the secondary solution file that contains your license. Please note that until you add a valid solution license file, the product will run in evaluation mode. To obtain this solution file you must provide your SharePoint Farm ID to us either by emailing it to email@example.com or submitting a license request form.
- Sintel Forms requires the .NET Framework 4.7.2 (or newer) to be installed on all SharePoint servers in the environment.
- If you intend to run an evaluation version of Sintel Forms On-Prem (i.e. a non-production version) you can skip steps 3 and 4
- Before proceeding with the installation of Sintel Forms on your live On-Prem environment you must get your SharePoint Farm ID by running the following PowerShell command on your environment. This step is required for Sintel to generate a license solution file for your environment.
- Once you have this ID simply email it to us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will generate the Sintel.Forms.OnPremise.License.wsp file and send it back to you.
Step 1 Copy both solution files (Sintel.Forms.Onprem.wsp and optionally Sintel.Forms.OnPremise.License.wsp) to one of the SharePoint servers in your farm (we recommend using the SharePoint server that hosts the Central Administration site).
Step 2 Launch the SharePoint Management Shell choosing “Run as administrator” and then run the following commands to add and then deploy the solution files.
#Adding the solutions
Add-SPSolution -LiteralPath “C:\Sintel.Forms.Onprem.wsp”
Add-SPSolution -LiteralPath “C:\Sintel.Forms.OnPremise.License.wsp”
#Deploying the solutions
Install-SPSolution -Identity Sintel.Forms.Onprem.wsp -GACDeployment
Install-SPSolution -Identity Sintel.Forms.OnPremise.License.wsp -GACDeployment
That’s it, you now have Sintel Forms installed and your license is applied.
#retracting the solutions Uninstall-SPSolution -Identity Sintel.Forms.Onprem.wsp Uninstall-SPSolution -Identity Sintel.Forms.OnPremise.License.wsp -AllWebApplications #removing the solution Remove-SPSolution -Identity Sintel.Forms.Onprem.wsp Remove-SPSolution -Identity Sintel.Forms.OnPremise.License.wsp
#retracting the solutions
Uninstall-SPSolution -Identity Sintel.Forms.Onprem.wsp
Uninstall-SPSolution -Identity Sintel.Forms.OnPremise.License.wsp -AllWebApplications
#removing the solution
Remove-SPSolution -Identity Sintel.Forms.Onprem.wsp
Remove-SPSolution -Identity Sintel.Forms.OnPremise.License.wsp