Search for answers or browse about Sintel Forms.
No actions appearing in the actions menu
When you attempt to complete an action no actions appear in the Actions menu.
There are a number of potential reasons why actions would not appear in the Actions menu as follows:
#1. There is no action defined in the current status-check your Sintel Forms workflow config
#2. There is a rule hiding the action-check your Sintel Forms logic config
#3. The action is assigned to a SharePoint group and it’s not configured correctly-check your SharePoint group settings
#4. There is another process, 3rd party app or workflow interacting with the list and interrupting the save process of Sintel Forms-ensure that there is a delay before other processes interact with list items when they are created/edited so they don’t impact the save process of Sintel Forms.
FYI when you click the “Save” button within the Sintel Forms Viewer the following steps occur in the following order:
- Concurrency check (only used when dealing with existing forms, aka list items, not new ones)
- Create main list item (for the form)
- Create linked list items (for linked lists)
- Execute after save script if one is defined within the settings
- Save workflow status which involves:
- Setting the form status text value and GUID value are set within the main list into the “SintelFormsStatus” & “SintelFormsStatusId” columns
- Creating items in the workflow history list representing the actions taken and status changes. The workflow history list will be titled “SintelFormsWorkflow_LISTGUID” where “LISTGUID” is the GUID of the main SharePoint list which can be seen in the URL when you open the settings of the main list.
- Queuing email notifications
- Upload attachments (main list & linked list)
- In steps b and c one or more list items are created
- In steps d, e and g one or more list items are created/updated
If you have some other process, 3rd party app or workflow running we recommend that you add a delay so if they are triggered on item creation or item change that they don’t interrupt the save process of Sintel Forms. Alternatively, you can add a condition that they don’t update anything before verifying that the SintelFormsStatus or SintelFormsStatusId columns contain a value. more info
#5. Some browser plugin affecting Sintel Forms-refer to our guidance here
#6. There is some other issue that we have not seen before-contact us for assistance