Search for answers or browse about Sintel Forms.
How to configure Sintel BI
Once you have installed the Sintel BI app in your tenant the next step is to configure the app in a site.
- Add the Sintel BI app (optional)
- Create the Sintel BI app page
- Set the Sintel BI app page as the site homepage
Step 1 Add the Sintel BI app (optional)
This step is only required if you did not choose to “Enable this app and add it to all sites” when installing the Sintel BI app in your tenant App Catalog. If you didn’t choose this option the Sintel BI app has to be manually added into each site before it can be configured in each site.
- Within the site Click on Settings->Add an app or open the Site contents and choose New->App.
- Sintel BI should appear for selection, if it doesn’t you can search for it.
- Once you have selected it click on Add.
Step 2 Create the Sintel BI app Page
Once you have the Sintel BI app added you can create the Sintel BI App page
- Open the site homepage and click on New > Page.
- Choose the 2nd tab for Apps, select Sintel BI, and select Create page.
- Give the new page a Title such as “SintelBI” and click the Save button on the left side of the Title.
- You will be prompted for your email address and can choose to include a demo dashboard if you wish, click Start setup now.
- The setup process could take up to 30 seconds and once it’s completed you will be redirected to the new Sintel BI app page.
Step 3 Set the Sintel BI app page as the site homepage (optional but recommended)
Once the Sintel BI App page is created the final step is to make it the homepage of the site so that Sintel BI opens whenever the site is opened.
- Click on Settings > Site contents and then open the Site Pages library.
- Hover over the new page you created and using the context menu (ellipsis icon) choose Make homepage.
- Now your new Sintel BI app page will be set as the homepage of the site and any time you open the site the Sintel BI app page will load.
You can now begin creating data sources, dashboards and configuring the app’s settings before sharing them with your users.
Next Article – How to use Sintel BI