Search for answers or browse about Sintel Forms.
How to update Sintel BI
Sintel BI should only be updated by updating the Sintel BI app within your tenant app catalog.
You do not need to update the Sintel BI app that is listed in the site contents and in fact doing so can sometimes break the app and require you to remove and reinstall Sintel BI within the tenant app catalog.
If a new version of Sintel BI is released and you wish to update your version, the process is pretty simple.
If you do not have this version we suggest removing any version you may already have and installing the latest version from AppSource.
Step 1 upgrade the app catalog
The following steps should be completed by your tenant admin or someone with sufficient permissions to update apps.
- Open your tenant app catalog site PathToAppCatalog/AppCatalog/Forms/AllItems.aspx
- Select Sintel BI
- From the ribbon, choose Files->Upgrade Store App
- On the next screen, you are prompted to trust Sintel BI, click “Deploy” and wait!
- Once the update has been completed, you should be redirected to the AppCatalog and the latest App version number should be displayed.
- You can now open any site in which Sintel BI was already added and when the Sintel BI landing page loads you will receive a prompt that an update is available and you can click Upgrade now which will update the app within that specific site.
Please note that you may not receive a prompt to “Upgrade now” if the updates that were applied are minor and required no changes to the Sintel BI structures within the site. In this case, you only need to verify that the version number on the bottom left of your screen is correct.
- The upgrade process takes about 5-10 seconds and once completed you will be redirected to the Sintel BI landing page.
- You will be able to see the version of Sintel BI you’re using in the bottom left menu.
Step 2 upgrade all sites
The procedure above will update the version of Sintel BI in your tenant and all sites using it will now display the Upgrade now screen when they are refreshed. If you want to automatically update all the other sites within your tenant you can click on Settings on the bottom left corner of your screen and then select My License->Show usage->Check status this will check the update status of all sites and once it’s run you can click on Update all sites. It’s important to note that you must have access to all sites to update them and any sites you don’t have access to will be skipped. Until such time as they are updated by a user with the required rights those sites will not be usable.
If you would like to learn more about Sintel Forms or Sintel BI book a no-obligation demo.